Friday, August 9, 2013

Day 287 ~ Store Front Church

a store front church
 I took my son to the grocery store- one I don't go to because they only sell knock-off brands- and I noticed that there was a strip mall across the way. In it, was this store front church. I found it odd only because most store front churches are either evangelical or Pentecostal type missions. Unitarians aren't known to be aggressive evangelizers. Perhaps, it is because their attendance is so low that is they don't need too much space. Thomas Jefferson would have been appalled. He believed that Unitarians would replace all Christian denominations because of its rationalism.  Of course, this is the same man who said that "Men would never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." Well, he was right about the king part, anyway.

A poster in the window



The sign looks temporary. must be waiting on the permanent one.
 It turns out my insurance agent moved right next to the store front church.

See you tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment