Friday, January 4, 2013

Day 70 ~ Some of my Hostess Cake Friends!

Stevo waving hello
I've said it before but besides missing a paycheck ever since Hostess went out of business, I miss hanging out with some great people. We all drove our own trucks but we kept in touch all day long by annoying each other with texts and pics. It was fun to complain about Management with them and to make general observations.  
Sitting down on the job!
Steve found it easier to pack out the bottom shelves while he sat down. We all used to make fun of him for that!
Timmy
A rare picture of Timmy because he hates to have pics of himself but he condescended to allow this one.
Bobby G, famous podcaster of YOU GOT THAT RIGHT fame
Bobby G., actually a Wonder bread guy who the boss would have me help when I wasn't busy doing cake. You have seen him on this blog before.
who is that masked man?
Bobby is always up for a laugh so he'd have pics taken of himself and sent to my phone just to make me chuckle. Above you see him trying on a batman mask in the store.

Christmas tree hat

Yes, he's just a little nuts!

In hospital, but doing well
Bobby had a bit of scare and had to get checked out in the hospital. Thankfully, all turned out to be well. My son Daniel and I went to visit him and say hello.

driving with Bobby G
  For a while, Bobby couldn't drive his truck because of issues with his knee, I believe, so I would be his chauffeur from time to time.

The other Bob
 I used to help Wonder bread guys all the time. Here I am helping Bob Hazelet

LUNCH!!
 Me, Bobby G and our wives, eating at Apple bees!

He's really not that lazy
 Steve sitting down on the job again!

one of my MANY self portraits! 
Me pretending to be bored at work.  I rarely was bored but kept busy all day long.

Yes, we had a great crew at our depot. I wish them all prosperity in their new adventures and I thank each and everyone of them for making the job at Hostess a lot of fun....even on the bad days!

.


No comments:

Post a Comment