Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Day 89 ~ UPS delivered my School Books!

The First Batch of Books
This Monday I start an online Certificate Program from the Ultimate Medical Academy.  I will be studying Medical Billing and Coding.  This course will require 20 hours a week online attending "classroom" and another 20 weeks offline reading these books and doing assignments.  It looks like my vacation is over and my new full time job, for now, is Student.

This is being paid for entirely by Pell Grants and  by the Veteran's Administration in a program they call the Veterans Retraining and Assistance Program (VRAP). My friend Steve, who used to work with  me at Hostess, said in a text exchange after I told him about this, "Wow, Aren't you glad President Obama got reelected? I don't think Romney would be this nice to you." After I sent him a response where I feigned extreme gratitude for President Obama and the democrats, Steve responded, "On behalf of all democrats, I say you're welcome."  Steve and I would have these kind of text exchanges all day long when we worked together. I miss them. 

The notepad from  recycled paper

I am looking forward to the challenge of going to school. It will be a little difficult getting back into the swing of things. I guess I'll have less time on Facebook now but don't worry, I won't give up my Daily Phone pic Blog :)

See You tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment