Monday, January 14, 2013

Day 80 ~ Remembering a Wonderful Summer Day in NYC


Karen, sitting across from me at the Museum deli 
Last summer, my wife and I were going to meet my brother and his wife in New York for a day of sight seeing at the Museum of Natural History.  Well, he got sick so he had to cancel out; we ended up going into the city anyway but, instead, we went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. That is a place my brother wouldn't enjoy as much but me and my wife would....so we went!

Icon of Jesus
I enjoyed all the exhibits but especially the Byzantine section. Besides, the religious significance of the Icons, I am fascinated by its style. But you guys might know that already since I have posted some pictures of the Orthodox Church I attend on Saturday nights.

Mary, The Theotokos, the God-Bearer
I took other pictures too of that day but I can't find them now. That's a shame because there are some beautiful pictures hanging in that museum.  We hope to go back again.

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment