Thursday, January 24, 2013

Day 90 ~ It's Freezing! So It's time to remember the Summer!

teens helping out at the Summer Water Fight for the kids
Man, it's cold outside!According to the radio, with the windchill it feels like 4 degrees! Yikes! If that is not a good reason to remember hot, summer days, I don't know what is.  Back in June I started the summer off right for the kids by having a water balloon fight. Even though the youth group is for kids ages 7-12, I usually invite a couple of teens to help out and that's why these teens are at a kid's event.

Filling up the buckets for battle!
So why is the kid with the hose wearing pajamas to a water fight? It was part of a devotion we had. I had him stand next to a kid who was wearing a bathing suit. Then I read some statements aloud and the other kids had to splash the one to whom it applied. 
*Which kid is appropriately dressed for a day at the beach? (Splash)
*Which kid is appropriately dressed for watching cartoons on a Saturday morning. (Splash)
*Ect, Ect.
Then after both kids were drenched, I read the Scripture from Ephesians "Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony." and I made the point Christ wants us to show love at all times. And even though you aren't supposed to wear pajamas to a water fight, you are ALWAYS supposed to "clothe yourself in Love."
I don't know if the kids got the point but I hope so. And even if it didn't, kids had fun throwing water at them.

See you tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment