Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Day 39 ~ O Christmas Tree! O Christmas Tree....!

Daniel, hanging an ornament
Last night we began decorating the Christmas Tree. It's been hard this year to get everyone together for this family tradition because everyone is so busy. If we waited until everyone could show up, the tree would never be set up so Karen picked a day and whoever could help, would help. Otherwise, Karen and I would just do it our selves. Daniel was able to be here as you see above.

Karen, hanging an ornament
Me, hanging an ornament
To me, if you don't wear a Santa hat while you are decorating the tree, you are not getting into the right spirit of things. Besides, the hat covers my bald heard so it's win-win!

It's Bob, the snowman!
One of my favorite Christmas ornaments was a gift from a family at church.(The Van Shpleckenshpeels, not their real name) It is a snowman that says, "Bob" which is an inside joke with me and the the kids at church. When I would be running children's church I would have to take attendance in the attendance book. Well, I would look at a kid and his name would fly right out of my mind and I'd be too embarrassed to say, "I forgot your name" so I would pretend that his name was Bob and I'd announce that to everyone. All the kids would laugh and the kid whose name I forgot would say, "I'm not Bob, I'm (fill in the blank)" and, thus, I'd relearn his name! It is embarrassing that I forget names so easily, a moral failure in some ways!

Margaret, wishing she could help us
All the time we are decorating the tree, Margaret, our soft coated wheaten terrier, is staring at us from the other room. She likes to stay close to us. As you can see, we have no fireplace so the stockings hang up on the wall.  Everyone gets a stocking, even the dogs!

The Tree, not quite done!
Not quite finished with the tree. We called it a night and will complete it later. I'll upload a pic of the completed tree when we are done!

Happy Advent!

See you tomorrow!










No comments:

Post a Comment