Friday, December 7, 2012

Day 42 ~ Hanging with Bobby G. at the Unemployment Office!

Bobby G , famous pod-caster of YOU GOT THAT RIGHT fame, getting out of his car.
I had some questions for about unemployment and so did Bobby G, my friend from Hostess Brands. Instead of sitting on the phone for hours, we decided to go down in person and get things sorted out.  We did. Both of us were impressed on how helpful and knowledgeable (and friendly) the workers at the Unemployment office were.  We didn't have to wait too long to speak to someone and, anyway, while we waited Bobby and I just talked.  Being unemployed is no fun but I am glad that the people at the UI office make it easier on us. 
Bobby G.'s special friends in the backseat!
Why in the world does Bobby G. have these friends buckled up in the backseat of his car? Is it so he can go on the HOV (High Occupancy Vehicle) lane on the Turnpike during rush hour? I don't think so. I think it's because he's nuts! :) And that's okay with me! It's one of the reason I like him.

a close up of his friends
Maybe he talks to them while he is driving just in case he gets lonely? :)

Menu of Poppy's Place! a great place to eat!
Bobby G. was telling me about a great little breakfast and dinner diner by the Toms River Post Office. It turns out, it was owned by John, who used to own Tina's diner in Trenton. Bobby used to deliver bread to Tina's.  He has been saying we need to go to Poppy's Place because, not only is the food inexpensive but it's delicious!
one of the many pictures that hang on the wall at Poppy's Place
I love the ambiance of this little diner. It has a nostalgic  1950's feel to it.  and lot's of great pictures hanging on the wall. It turns out that John, the owner, has been a collector for years so he got a chance to put his collection to good use!
the view from our table.
I highly recommend eating at Poppy's Place. I intend to tell my in-laws about this place because they are experienced Connoisseurs of eateries I hope to go back again soon.  I also hope I see Bobby G. again soon. 
Besides losing my income, the thing I hate most about being unemployed is not having great people like Bobby G to work with! He's tops!

See you tomorrow!







No comments:

Post a Comment