Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Day 47 ~ Doing Volunteer Work

standing in a pile of leaves
My friend, Ken, works at Ocean's Harbor House as a facility manager. He was supposed to get "volunteer workers" from the Department of Corrections but they bailed out on him because they were tied up with Hurricane Sandy Clean up so he went down from 8 workers to just himself.  He sent me an emergency text to help him fill up a dumpster with leaves.  Well, why not? It's not like I have a job to go to!

blowers are easier than raking!
A blurry shot, I know!

Ken playing with his phone when he should be working!
Ken checking his phone messages. As facility manager, he is on call 24/7.

The ever popular self-portrait 
It felt good to be working again. I do like the feeling of accomplishment of doing something plus that tired feeling where you feel like you earned your night's sleep.

If you ever want to help out at Harbor House, they are always looking for volunteers or even cash donations.
Check out their website for more info. http://www.oceansharborhouse.org/  Hopefully, I can help Ken again soon,

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment