Thursday, February 14, 2013

Day 111 ~ I Show You my Ash!

Karen and I after Ash Wednesday Service.
Karen and I decided that we would surprise her parents and show up at their church for their mid-day Ash Wednesday service.  Not all Lutheran churches distribute ashes on the forehead but this one did. We asked Karen's father to take a picture of us in the parking lot. That's his thumb in the upper left hand corner of the picture.

a close up of my ash 
Right after church, we went to a medical supply store because Karen needed more scrubs for work. I thought I'd take a picture of my ash with no hat on.  

St. Paul's Lutheran Church
 The Lutheran church parking lot.

A Cross
This is a cross they have in the parking lot. I like the circle on it, which, I imagine, represents eternity.

Blessed Lent, everyone.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment