Saturday, November 10, 2012

Day 15 ~ Walking the Dog!

Margaret in the soccer field during our walk yesterday!

Yesterday, after work, and after a nice, refreshing nap, I put the harness on Margaret, my soft-coated Wheaten Terrier, and off we went on a walk.  She is funny because she loves being outside and doesn't mind being on the leash too much (although she would rather be free) but she hates having to put the harness on. Whenever I pull it out of the bin, she runs away, even though it means she gets to go outside.  Usually, I have to call her and she obediently comes to me and then I quickly put it over her head and then she is fine.

The walk was great. We ended up crossing route 9 to do some banking at the ATM and she, as always, wants to play with the people she meets. I have to keep her from jumping on them.

On the way back, we are two houses away from our home and this really small dog starts barking furiously; he is not happy we are near his property.  I assure the dog's owner that Margaret is very friendly but the owner says, "My dog doesn't like other dogs, or people, for that matter," So, I smile and keep away. The owner went on to say, "He doesn't have any teeth so it's not like he can hurt anyone but he just barks until everyone leaves his property line."  Well, that lady doesn't have to worry about not hearing intruders coming into her house. That little dog was loud!

I had a great time walking Margaret; Tomorrow, I have to take Libby! After all, Dachshunds are doggies, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment