Sunday, November 11, 2012

Day 16 ~ FEMA trucks in parking lots!

Taken from my car window in Taco Bell parking Lot
 So, my wife Karen and I helped a friend move Saturday Morning. That's never a lot of fun but there were lots of people there so it was easier than it could have been with everyone chipping in.  We finished up around 1130am so I told Karen, "Hey, let's go to Taco Bell for lunch" That's one of our favorite spots because we order the "Chicken Fiesta Burrito, fresco style" and that makes it weight watchers friendly.
After we finished, I noticed this FEMA truck in the parking lot so I stopped to take a picture of it as we were leaving.

It's tough to believe that I live in a disaster area, much like New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina but I do. At least there is a lot of damage just miles from my house but, thankfully, none on mine.  FEMA is not the only agency here on the Jersey Shore helping those in need. It seems churches and all organizations are stepping up!
Trucks in the Walmart parking lot
After I left the parking lot for Taco Bell, we passed the other side of the lot where the Walmart is.  Here are four of over 30 trucks, just parked there. I am not really sure why they are there but I am thinking they have something to do with the disaster relief because I have never seen over 30 trucks there before.

Speaking of Walmart, Karen went in to buy a few packs of socks and underwear to donate to the shelter and she saw a lady, who was wearing a Christian Tee shirt,  in the line in front of her with a whole cart of gloves.  Someone asked her what that was for and she said, "Oh, it's for the Hurricane Victims." Well, that lady who asked her pulled out forty dollars and gave it to her for the cause. The cashier was so touched, she was almost in tears and pulls out a dollar from her own pocket  and says, "This is all I have."

Yes, people are pulling together to help each other and that is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment