Thursday, November 22, 2012

Day 27 ~ Going to Church in the Middle of the Week!

Orthodox church, at the beginning of the Service
 Some of you may know that I attend an Orthodox Church on Saturday nights but on Sundays I worship with my family in a protestant church. Well, one of the upsides of being unemployed is, when I am not working on a Resume, I can go to Church during weekdays, if they have a service. Yesterday, was The Presentation of the Theotokos,  a feast that comes on a fixed day every year so this year it fell on a Wednesday. Since I am not at work, I was able to go.

The Church is beautiful and I had wanted to take pictures for a long time but, when I go to Vespers at night. it's too dark to snap any pictures. So, I unobtrusively snapped some pics since it was broad daylight!

a page from the Service book!

Reader John, reading from the letter to the Hebrews, I think.
Reader John is a friend of mine. One of the things I like about the Orthodox, is they sing everything. So, when it comes to reading the Scripture lessons for the day, they actually sing them.  It takes some getting used to but, after a while, you sort of like it.

Here is a link to my other blog which talks about my visits to the Orthodox Church but I have to warn you, I get a bit wordy! :)

http://orthodoxyorbust.blogspot.com/

Dinner, the before picture!
Oh, and as an extra treat, here is a picture of the turkey I will be eating today! I snapped this picture when I was at my in-laws where we will be spending thanksgiving! It will be a great day!

Happy Thanksgiving!

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment