Thursday, November 29, 2012

Day 34 ~ End of an Era!

not on the road anymore!
My friend Bob sent me this picture the other day and he said, this picture is of something that has gone  The way of the Dodo bird!. It turns out I took this picture from a company van while at a red light and I sent it to him.  But, alas, we shall see these trucks no more on the streets. Hostess Brands will probably be sold off in parts to different companies and while most of the products will survive, it will be sold by other companies.

nearly empty!

my bro-in-law and good friend, Mike took this picture last week from the place he gets coffee in the morning. It is a sad sight not to see this rack full of Hostess cake!

the last one!
And here is the last Hostess item in the store. Mike just sent me a text saying he purchased this muffin before he took the picture. So now the shelf is empty.

Mike is a great guy who has a very interesting blog called, "The Cuban Half" which explores Cuban culture. It is a very interesting read, especially his posts about his most recent visit to Havana. I know he wants to go back again! Check it out:  http://www.thecubanhalf.com/ 

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment