Friday, November 23, 2012

Day 28 ~ Thanksgiving 2012!

Dinner, the After Picture!
Thanksgiving was fantastic. We went over Karen's parents and the food was great, as usual! The above picture is the After picture. To see the Before picture go to yesterday's post! I was happy because my mother-in-law had found creamed onions in the supermarket. To me, it's not Thanksgiving without it!

look at all these pies!
 Before we went to my in-laws, Karen, Daniel and I went to the church to pack up and deliver pies for a thanksgiving dinner for victims and workers of Hurricane Sandy.  We started to cut the pies at church before we delivered them to the other church where they are having the dinner but we ran out of time so we just packed them up and loaded them in the van.

Daniel, guarding the pies before we transport them.
The pies, delivered and being cut by the workers
The workers, setting up
Here is the church we delivered the pies to.  These are the workers setting up. It turns out not that many came to eat at the church but they delivered over 300 meals to families! What a great accomplishment!

a fun thanksgiving tradition
After delivering the pies, the family went to my in-laws. It's always a lot of fun to rub your fingers on the rim of the glass to make a whistling noise.  We got yelled at so we stopped

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. I know, I have a lot to be thankful for!

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment