Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Day 32 ~ I gotta read a book!

Walking out of the library with the book
On thanksgiving, I had a really great conversation with Mike, my niece's boyfriend and he gave me lots of advice on searching for a job.  One of the things he told me was to take my time to set up a profile on Linkenin, which I did and you can link to my profile on the right of this blog.  He also recommended a book that, he said, I could get really cheap on Amazon. "The 2-hour Job Search"" by Steve Dalton. I did one better. I put a hold on it at the Library and will borrow it for free! Free is good when you are unemployed!
So, I got to start reading today!

my Linkedin profile photo
Here's my picture I posted on Linkedin, a "professional" look, as advised by Mike.  My wife took the camera to church and we went against a partition to give it that "office cubicle" look. We really didn't like any of the the pics my wife took so my friend Don stepped in with his Iphone and this is the result. I posted the pic on Facebook and got a  lot of rude comments from my friends. DO I REALLY LOOK LIKE A SUBSTITUTE SCIENCE TEACHER, STALKER KILLER GUY? Actually, it was a lot of fun to read the funny comments. My fiends keep me laughing!

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment